- About Privacy Protection
Date of enactment: 20 August, 2018
VANTEC HTS FORWARDING, LTD.
Yuichi Kuroume, Representative Director and President
VANTEC HTS FORWARDING, LTD., (hereinafter called "this company") handles a variety of information including this company's own technical information and information obtained from our customers as global solution provider providing seamless services to global supply chains. Accordingly, this company has worked on establishing and implementing an information management system designed to respect the value of such information. In keeping with this background, this company has set rules and established a management system regarding privacy protection. This company has also taken measures to disseminate the privacy protection policy to the directors and employees, and made it feasible for the public. Under this policy, this company will endeavor to implement appropriate privacy protection.
2.1. Formulation of Privacy Protection Management Rules and Continuous Improvement of Privacy Protection Management System
This company shall formulate privacy protection management rules and implement privacy protection management system in order to create enough awareness for the importance of privacy protection among directors and employees, and to appropriately use and protect personal information. This company shall maintain and continue to improve these rules.
2.2. Acquisition, Usage, and Provision of Personal Information and Prohibition of usage beyond Original Purpose
In consideration of the fact that this company takes care of customer's information in its business activities, this company shall establish a management system for privacy protection that corresponds to each operation and handles the acquirement, usage and provision of personal information according to the established rules appropriately. This company shall not permit to use personal information for other than the original purpose, and shall take measures to prevent such misuse.
2.3. Implementation and Corrective Actions of Safety Measures
In order to secure the accuracy and safety of personal information, this company, in compliance with the rules for information security, shall implement measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for external use of personal information, and taking measures to unauthorized external access to prevent the leakage, loss, alteration, or destruction of personal information. If any security issues is identified, this company shall immediately take corrective actions.
2.4. Compliance with Laws and norms
This company shall comply with Japanese laws applicable to the handling of relevant personal information and norms mandated by the government. Moreover, this company shall adapt its privacy protection management rules to these laws and norms.
2.5. Respect for the Rights of the Individual Concerning Personal Information
When the individual requests for his or her personal information to be disclosed, corrected, deleted, denied against the use or provision of such information, this company shall respond in good faith respecting the rights of the individual pertaining to the personal information.
Applicable to all personal information this company handles in our business operations.
Based on VANTEC HTS FORWARDING, LTD.'s approach to “Privacy Protection Policy”, this company
endeavors to protect and
manage personal information with the meticulous care.
This company shall define personal information as information about individuals including the name, birth date and other specific number, symbol, code, image or sound identifiable (it shall also include information that cannot identify individuals by itself but can be easily matched with other information to thereby identify individuals). In addition, it shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but also include any information that indicates a fact, recognition, and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including a physical characteristics, property, occupation and status.
5.1.This company shall acquire and use personal information only
within what is necessary for the following purposes.
In addition, when this company requests personal information, acquisition/usage purpose shall be clarified in advance and customer's consent must be obtained.
1) Execution of the contract between this company and a customer.
2) Communication for business negotiations and meetings with a customer
3) Provision of after-sales service to a customer
4) Sending information on events and new services
5) Response to various inquiries from a customer
6) Analysis based on questionnaires to improve services
7) Provision of personal information to this company's group companies involved in collaborative business activities with this company
8) Provision of information and communication with applicants for recruitment
5.2. This company shall not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining consent in advance, except in the following cases.
1) Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on the law
2) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of life, body or property of an individual, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
3) Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improvement of public health or healthy development of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
4) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with the government, local authorities, or an individual or entity entrusted by them in executing the operations prescribed by laws, and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned.
5) Cases in which handling of personal information is commissioned to a third party within the scope of acquisition/usage purpose.
6) Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the take-over of business in a merger or other reasons.
7) Cases in which this company provides information on board members and shareholders which are included in their respective corporate body or other organizations, and that such information has already been disclosed by the person, corporate body or other organizations in compliance with the law.
5.3.This company may provide personal information i.e., name, home and work addresses, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, to our group companies when required for joint projects. Under such circumstances, personal information is provided in print form or electronic form. You are entitled to request us to stop providing your personal information to our group companies.
6.2. Web beacon
This refers to technology that functions together with a cookie to that enables us to determine how many times you have accessed a specific page. However, please note that we cannot identify or recognize your personal information unless you enter your own personal information when receiving cookies.
When you request disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension, suspension of provision to third parties, or notification of the purpose of use (hereafter, "disclosure, etc.") in regards to your personal information provided to this company, or when you wish to file complaints or receive consultation, please follow the procedures below.
1) If you wish to request disclosure, etc. of the personal information you provided to this company, please refer to Requests Regarding Disclosure of Information.
2) For complaints and consultation on our handling of personal information, please contact us via telephone, etc. at this contact window below.
8.1. You can use most of this company’s services without providing personal information. However, please be aware that there are some services that require personal information from you.
8.2.Please note that this company bears no responsibility for ensuring the security of your personal information in other companies' websites that are linked to our website.
8.3.When you enter your personal information on VANTEC website, you are required to agree to the purpose of use, etc. specified on the VANTEC website. This is not mandatory, however, you may be unable to use some of this company’s service (including responses to inquiries) if you choose to withhold agreement. In addition, anyone aged 15 or younger shall provide personal information with the consent of his/her parent or guardian.
Here is a section to explain how to use and process your personal data in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (No.2016/679) (“GDPR”) by this company. This company may, in some cases, act as a data administrator regarding personal information under the GDPR in the context of overseas-relocation operations. The collection, processing, transfer, storage and any rights concerning personal data are explained herein.
9.1. Acquisition and Processing of Personal Data
1) This company will collect personal data within the scope of forwarding business, including overseas moving business, and the business incidental thereto. In overseas moving business, this company will not collect personal data other than any data agreed by an individual. The main personal data to be collected are as follows: company name, department name, name, phone number, e-mail address, information on passport, credit card number, etc.
2) The personal data will be processed for the following purpose; please refer the Article 5. “Acquisition /Usage Purpose and Provision to Third Party”
9.2. Justification of Processing Data
This company will process personal data based on one of the legal bases provided in the GDPR. There are three premises that are most likely to be relevant to processing data in this company:
1) The individual has given their consent to the processing;
2) The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract;
3) The processing is necessary for the purpose of for legitimate interests of the data controller.
9.3. Sharing Personal Data
This company will not provide personal data to other parties with whom this company does not have a process agreement, except when legally required and permitted or when legitimately processed within the scope of the use according to the section 9.1 and 9.2.
9.4. In Overseas Moving Business, Transfer of Personal Data to Outside the EEA
In overseas moving business, providing personal data to this company whose headquarter is located in Japan will be transfer to outside the EEA. In countries outside the EEA, they does not have the same level of data protection laws as the EEA and many of the individual rights provided in the EEA are not necessarily provided. Based on GDPR, sufficient measures concerning the protection of personal data are being implemented by this company, however, a consent of a customer is necessary for transfer. This company considers that a customer has agreed to transfer to outside the EEA when a customer applies by him/herself, or in case where, based on customer's consent, an alternate person or company provides customer's personal data on behalf of a customer through the certain route.
9.5. Rights Regarding Personal Data
The user owns various of different rights regarding his/her personal data. For example, the user has the right to withdraw his/her consent, to request data inspection, deletion, or correction, to object to the data processing, and the right of data portability.
9.6. Technical and Organizational Measures
This company has taken the following appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data from illegal processing:
・The people who are allowed to access data are limited and are obliged to maintain confidentiality.
・This company complies with a user name and password policy for systems access.
・This company will protect personal data with password, if necessary.
・This company backups personal data in order to be able to restore under the event of physical or technical incidents.
・This company regularly tests and evaluates the measures.
・This company's employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
9.7. Retention Periods
This company will not store personal data longer than the legally requested period.
1) Privacy Protection Policy of this company shall be based on Japanese law and other applicable laws.
2) According to the improvement of personal information handling or revision of laws, norms, or other regulations, this company may revise this document, "About Privacy Protection,"
3) The implementation of this document, "About Privacy Protection," shall be applied on or after the publication date (including update date).
4) If the policy of privacy protection is listed on or linked to individual content, the content listed in "About Privacy Protection" shall take priority
5) When you contact us by telephone, conversations may be recorded to ensure accurate response.
For requests concerning disclosure of personal information, complaints, and any other inquiries regarding our privacy protection, please make contact to the following:
VANTEC HTS FORWARDING, LTD.
1-8-10, Harumi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-6027, Japan
Click here to e-mail
Note: Any personal information sent to this inquiry address is will be deleted at the moment we have responded to the inquiry. This company will not retain personal information.