The company has established the Hitachi Transport System Management Philosophy as part of our corporate philosophy, which outlines our efforts to address environmental issues within our business activities.
Environmental Protection Action Guidelines
- In recognition that problems affecting the global environment are serious matters for all humankind, harmony with the environment will be a top management priority and we will construct environmental management system aiming to be an environmentally-friendly "good corporate citizen" throughout the Company.
- By establishing a structure for the promotion of environmental preservation, enacting regulations relating to the environment, setting environmental impact reduction targets, and similar measures, officers and site directors in charge of environmental promotion will promote environmental preservation activities. Moreover, environmental audits will be used to confirm the efficacy of activities and our efforts towards continued improvement.
- Through a concise understanding of how best to resolve environmental problems facing the world, the Company will work to make contributions to society through the development of highly reliable logistics engineering and logistics systems that meet those needs.
- The Company will investigate and examine the effect of its business operations, which connect production and consumption, on the environment and seek to introduce new technologies and materials with superior functionality regarding environmental safety, energy conservation and resource conservation, reducing CO2 emissions which is one of the causes of global warming or controlling amount of waste generated.
- In addition to observing international, national and local regulations with regard to the environment, the Company will develop its own standards where necessary to maintain environmental conservation.
- With regard to overseas activities, in addition to observing local regulations related to the environment, the Company will give due consideration to the social environment of locals and maintain environmental conservation properly.
- In addition to introducing employee educations to work towards enhancing the environmental awareness of its employees, the Company will focus its activities on society at large, contributing to that society, of which Hitachi Transport System is a part, through environmental preservation activities carried out from a broad perspective.
- Should an environmental problem arise as a result of the Company´s business activities, the Company will take appropriate steps to minimize the impact on the environment.
(Adopted: June 3, 1993)
(Revised: July 1, 2003)